Our annual Halloween Potluck is just around the corner taking place on Monday, October 31. The first block will run as usual but following will be our traditional costume parade (judged by our teachers) followed by our potluck. Senior students who have Churchill classes will need to get a field trip form from our office and have it completed. They are expected to attend the last period of the day at Churchill, if they have a class.
Please see Sandra for the potluck food item sign up. Parents are reminded to label any dishware they wish to have back. Students are to take these back at the end of the day. Also, please provide a card indicating known ingredients in case of allergies. Students are reminded bring their own reusable plates, cups and cutlery. These will not be provided by the school.
Due to various unforeseen circumstances the Spoon River monologues have been rescheduled. There will only be one performance on Thursday, November 3 from 7:00-8:00 pm. Tickets ($5) are available through our Senior Drama students. Limited number of tickets will be available at the door.
Our annual trip to Timberline Ranch was a great success despite the stormy, wet weather. Our Leadership 11/12 class helped to make the camp experience fun for everyone. Our annual Drama Night was entertaining and hilarious!
This year, our students were put into “Houses”…Wolf, Orca, Raven and Bear. It not only helped in terms of organization but created a friendly competition among our student body. We hope to continue our House system through the school year at Ideal =)
Check back for camp pictures…
Camp Timberline is just around the corner. A packing list has already been given out to students but here is an updated list for your reference:
You will need:
- Small bag or backpack, no luggages!
- Closed toed shoes and long pants (for horseback riding)
- Change of clothes (1 per day – keep in mind the season)
- Rain jacket with hood
- Warm clothes: sweater, hat, mitten/gloves
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, shampoo, etc)
- Sleeping bag or blanket, pillow
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and hat
- Swimsuit and towel (for swimming pool session)
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Camera or cell phone camera (optional)
- Slippers (optional)
- Books/novels, e-reader (optional)
- Personal medication (allergy meds, epi-pens, prescriptions etc, if necessary)
What not to bring:
- Electronic entertainment (headphones, games, music devices etc) – will be confiscated
Please note that the PAC Meeting on Nov.7, 2016 has been changed to Mon, Nov.28 @ 7:30 pm. There will be no meeting in December.