Our annual Halloween Potluck is just around the corner taking place on Tuesday, October 31. The first block will run as usual but following will be our traditional costume parade (judged by our teachers) followed by our potluck. Senior students who have Churchill classes will need to get a field trip form from our office and have it completed. They are expected to attend the last period of the day at Churchill, if they have a class.
Please see Sandra for the potluck food item sign up. Parents are reminded to label any dishware they wish to have back. Students are to take these back at the end of the day. Also, please provide a card indicating known ingredients in case of allergies. Students are reminded bring their own reusable plates, cups and cutlery. These will not be provided by the school.
Just a few reminders for everyone:
- School Forms – We are still missing some student verification forms, earthquake forms etc from some students. Please submit these forms to the office ASAP. They are extremely important for updating our school records which are particularly vital in the event of an emergency.
- Bamfield Trip 2018 – We still have 7-8 spots available that must be filled in order for this trip to run this school year. These spots are now open to all students at Ideal. The total cost of the trip is $550 which we have been able to keep relatively low due to a subsidy we have received. Unfortunately, we will lose the subsidy if the trip is cancelled. This is a great hands-on learning experience at a world class research facility so take advantage of this opportunity! We will not be offering this trip in the 2019 school year.
- Synervoice Student Absence Calls – Please note that the automated system from Churchill may call home if a student has been marked absent in any classes at Ideal or Churchill in the school day. This is for parent’s knowledge only and is only a concern if your child has missed a class without the school’s or your consent. Please continue to call in daily to the Ideal Mini office each day your child is away.
- Parents are reminded to please respect the NO STUDENT DROP-OFF signs leading to the staff parking lot. This helps ensure the safety of Ideal and Laurier students and proper access for all VSB vehicles.
Camp Timberline’s address
22351 144th Ave.
Maple Ridge, B.C.
In the event of an emergency, the staff will have the school field trip cell phone on hand: 778-231-4933
Camp Timberline is just around the corner. A packing list has already been given out to students but here is an updated list for your reference:
You will need:
- Small bag or backpack, no luggages!
- Closed toed shoes and long pants (for horseback riding)
- Change of clothes (1 per day – keep in mind the season)
- Rain jacket with hood
- Warm clothes: sweater, hat, mitten/gloves
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, shampoo, etc)
- Sleeping bag or blanket, pillow
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen and hat
- Swimsuit and towel (for swimming pool session)
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Camera or cell phone camera (optional)
- Slippers (optional)
- Books/novels, e-reader (optional)
- Personal medication (allergy meds, epi-pens, prescriptions etc, if necessary)
What not to bring:
- Electronic entertainment (headphones, games, music devices etc) – will be confiscated