Yokohama Sister School Exchange
IDEAL MINI WELCOMES YOKOHAMA COMMERCIAL HIGH SCHOOL (Y’KO)
Our Japanese Sister School, Y’Ko, will be coming to Ideal Mini from February 15-20. 2017. During their stay, they will be visiting Ideal Mini and Churchill Secondary and participating in special programs that we will have set up for our guests. At Ideal, our Leadership students will be hosting a Winter Carnaval which will sample some Canadian activities and food that many Canadians enjoy. Our Grade 10-12 students will also be taking our guests Ice Skating at Sunset Arena. We are greatly looking forward to this fantastic cultural exchange opportunity!
For our participating host students/families, please see the document below for a full itinerary during their stay.
Yokohama Sister School Exchange – Japan Trip 2016
Our school will be participating in its first ever Sister School Exchange from November 8 – 16, 2016. Fourteen of our senior students will be traveling to Japan on this special opportunity. We will be visiting our sister school, Yokohama Commercial High School (aka Y’Ko), and students will have the special opportunity to stay with a Japanese host family. We will also be exploring sites around Tokyo, Hiroshima and Yokohama. Click the link below for a full itinerary.
From February 15-20, 2017, our school will be hosting students from our Japanese sister school. All students of Ideal will then have the opportunity to be a part of this special cultural exchange while we show them how our Canadian culture, how we live and how we learn.
Trip Information for Participants
- Trip insurance is included in the cost. The full policy may be viewed here. If you wish to purchase additional travel insurance the you are welcome to do so at your own cost.
- Our tour company, MYK Enterprises, will be emailing participants during the summer of 2016 regarding the trip (e.g. homestay questionnaire, visa application (if needed), etc.). Please make sure to check your emails and contact MYK directly if there are any changes to the email addresses they have on file.
- The final payment for the trip is due September 8, 2016 when we return to school.
- A final meeting will be set for sometime in late September/October with MYK, students, parents and teachers. We will cover details including packing advice, a detailed explanation of the itinerary, emergency protocol, homestay assignments and expectations, immigration documents, hotel rooming, and all other useful travel tips. MYK will distribute receipts for final payment to parents directly at that time.
- If there are any questions that parents have in the meantime, Moto at MYK is available to answer any questions via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (604-681-2339). Please feel free to contact him directly.